Old 06-20-2008, 02:19 PM
Dan Munckton

Default Understanding the "Upstream syncing" work flow

Hi all

I understand how I would rebase my local working tree to the upstream
kernel. But am I right in presuming that when doing this for the main
tree on kernel.ubuntu.com, it cannot be done in a local repository then
pushed to the main repo? Surely this has to be done directly on the
server? How do you guys manage to do this atomically so as not to
disrupt folks who are pulling from the main repo?

I have been reading up on the KernelTeam/Knowledgebase wiki pages to
understand the processes and workflow the team uses to maintain the
kernel. There's only a short section on "Upstream syncing" on the
KernelMaintenance page and no notes on how it's done.

Apologies if this has been covered here before, I did search the list
archives but didn't find much detail on the process.

Cheers

Dan