Old 06-19-2008, 08:58 PM
Mario Limonciello

Default LRM-Video gone

Hello,

With the changes to LRM moving fglrx and nvidia into DKMS debs, it
appears that something needs to be done about lrm-video.* It's not in
the latest packages of the common LRM functions, but there was still a
file in /etc/modprobe.d/lrm-video.* This isn't an artificat of the
upgrade, but rather comes in linux-restricted-modules-common.

This will need to be removed from the binary package to allow these
kernel modules to load.

Mario Limonciello

Dell | Linux
Engineering

mario_limonciello@dell.com

Old 06-20-2008, 03:13 PM
Ben Collins

On Thu, 2008-06-19 at 15:58 -0500, Mario Limonciello wrote:
> Hello,
>
> With the changes to LRM moving fglrx and nvidia into DKMS debs, it
> appears that something needs to be done about lrm-video. It's not in
> the latest packages of the common LRM functions, but there was still a
> file in /etc/modprobe.d/lrm-video. This isn't an artificat of the
> upgrade, but rather comes in linux-restricted-modules-common.
>
> This will need to be removed from the binary package to allow these
> kernel modules to load.

It is an artifact of the upgrade. Intrepid lrm-common doesn't contain
it, but it also doesn't get removed, because it is a conffile. I'll have
to manually remove it in the postinst.