Old 06-12-2008, 09:38 AM
Tim Gardner

Default webcam driver for Gigabyte M724

Ying-Chun Liu (PaulLiu) wrote:
> Dear Tim,
>
> The webcam of Gigabyte M724 is 05e3:0505 Genesys Logic, Inc.
>
> It is supported by the upstream of uvcvideo driver when the svn version
> is greater than r193. (Note: the newest version is r215)
>
> The current version in LUM (2.6.24-18) is old and thus cannot support
> this webcam.
>
> May you help me to see if it is possible to update it in LUM?
>
> Many Thanks,
> Paul

Paul,

I'll have a look, but it won't happen until after the point release in
early July.

rtg

--
Tim Gardner tim.gardner@ubuntu.com

Old 06-20-2008, 08:46 PM
Tim Gardner

Tim Gardner wrote:
> Ying-Chun Liu (PaulLiu) wrote:
>> Dear Tim,
>>
>> The webcam of Gigabyte M724 is 05e3:0505 Genesys Logic, Inc.
>>
>> It is supported by the upstream of uvcvideo driver when the svn version
>> is greater than r193. (Note: the newest version is r215)
>>
>> The current version in LUM (2.6.24-18) is old and thus cannot support
>> this webcam.
>>
>> May you help me to see if it is possible to update it in LUM?
>>
>> Many Thanks,
>> Paul
>>

> Paul,
>
> I'll have a look, but it won't happen until after the point release in
> early July.
>
> rtg

Paul - I added the most recent uvcvideo drivers to Hardy LBM. There is
more churn in the code since Hardy LUM was released then the SRU process
will allow. If it proves to be stable, then we can move it into LUM at
some point.

http://kernel.ubuntu.com/git?p=ubuntu/ubuntu-hardy-lbm.git;a=commit;h=039a07a5c7ef16f9b4a8808f2f35879 028bc45c9

rtg

--