-   Ubuntu Education (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-education/)
-   -   Thin client menus (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-education/642413-thin-client-menus.html)

Blake Swensen 03-08-2012 07:07 PM

Thin client menus

I would like to change/remove items from the application menus for the
thin-clients. I don't necessarily want to remove the software from the
server, but there are certain applications that I want the students to
not see.

Can I not manually edit the application menu config files without
uninstalling a particular package?

Blake
Trillium Charter School
Portland

Ubuntu 10.04LTS

"Rippl, Steve" 03-08-2012 07:24 PM

Thin client menus

Under 10.04 we use the profile editor/gconf changes recorder Sabayon and it has worked very well for this purpose. *Make a change, record that under a profile and apply that profile to users (we even differentiate by Active Directory groups). *Isn't going to work under Unity and 12.04 as far as I can tell though!

I would like to change/remove items from the application menus for the thin-clients. I don't necessarily want to remove the software from the server, but there are certain applications that I want the students to not see.

Can I not manually edit the application menu config files without uninstalling a particular package?

Blake

Trillium Charter School

Portland

Ubuntu 10.04LTS