Old 07-21-2011, 04:37 AM
Leena

Default Problems with Edubuntu thin client setup in school...- solved

Hi all,

sometime back I had posted my query regarding thin-clinet set up in
govt school in India using HCL server and winbee O.S. for clients.

We have got it to work using Edubuntu 11.04 which comes with LTSP.

Just wanted to share details so anybody facing similar issues can
benefit from our learnings.

After installation of Edubuntu 11.04 on server we did make changes
to configuration file as per details in my prev. mail (can be found
below).

In client machines while adding new connection thr' Winbee
connection manager window, we had to enable 'DHCP' which was
available on tab called 'update' and enter server IP there. That's
it and it all worked like a charm.

Thanks for your support and comments.

Now we have one small issue. and trying to see if anybody knows
solution for it.

We have one server and 10 thin clients, for each client machine we
created user as user1,user2 and so on. All these users show up at
log-in screen in client machines from where you can click on user
enter password and it will let you log-in. Is there anyway to
restrict login to show only one user per computer?

Much thanks,

Leena