-   Ubuntu Education (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-education/)
-   -   help on performance edubuntu 10.10 amd64 (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-education/476266-help-performance-edubuntu-10-10-amd64.html)

Guillem Moy 01-12-2011 10:12 PM

help on performance edubuntu 10.10 amd64

Dear friends,

This new year we decide to upgrade our server (intel core duo 2 gb ram 32 bit with 20 thin clients 32 bit ) with a new dell xeon quad* (duo 8 gb ram 64 bit... -->
edubuntu-10.10-dvd-amd64.iso ( once I installed i386 version, but it only detects 2 gb RAM!!)
the problem was when 9 users wanted to access a website with *applet de java:
http://micro.magnet.fsu.edu/electromag/java/capacitor/index.html

As you can see with the* pictures attached,
how is this possible to collapse de CPU --->100%

With edubutu 8.04 the whole system (1 poor server 32 bit+20 thin clients 32 bit) worked much better...
How can we optimize the whole performance?

thanks in advance,

Guillem

www.aulabalear.org
Illes Balears. Spain

David Groos 01-13-2011 09:42 PM

help on performance edubuntu 10.10 amd64

Hi* Guillem,
Do you use Firefox as a localapp?* Even though this doesn't solve this issue, it should take care of the problem.
David