Old 06-22-2010, 03:47 AM
Belinda Lopez

Default 100 New Ubuntu Users Project

Hi folks,

* in an effort to kick start my own efforts with teachers and all
things education I've decided to challenge myself and anyone else or
group who wants to work on mentoring.* Since it is summer for me and
teachers in my area, I've decided to start working on introducing more
teachers to FOSS.* I've already started a course on Edubuntu on the
http://learn.ufbt.net/*
site and hope to start holding regular training
sessions for all things education and Ubuntu soon.* All of this to help
kick off the 100 New Ubuntu Users project!

Project Overview

Based
loosely on the 100 Papercuts concept lead by David Siegel of the Design
Team, this project aims to introduce Ubuntu to 100 new users in this
cycle. Project team members and individuals are encouraged to each
introduce Ubuntu to a new person and track that work on the team or
personal wiki. The number 100 was chosen b/c it is manageable, easy to
track and achievable by any dedicated team or person.

Project Design

Each team/person will create a wiki page with a
table with 100 rows with the following column titles:

Team
Member | New User | Date Introduced | Notes (can include feedback from
the new user, observations, blog posts, links to pics, anything but
keep it short |

That's
it! We just want a tangible way to show progress and activity, doesn't
need to be fancy or formal just help promote Ubuntu to new users and
let the world know about it. Once you reach 100, then we start over or
transition to another level of mentoring.

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/100UsersProject

https://launchpad.net/~100ubuntuusers

You can keep up with my progress here:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/100NewUbuntuEducators