Old 02-22-2010, 03:17 AM
Rob Frohne

Default Best setup for a lab with eight computers?

Hi Everyone,

I have a lab with eight computers that I have to keep up, and installing
packages on individual machines is getting kind of painful. I need to
use the sound cards and USB ports on the local machine. I noted that
LTSP 5.2 is out. If I could come up with a reasonably fast server would
it work for my needs better than what I have presently? What can I
expect if I do that? Is there a better way?

Thanks,

Rob

--
Rob Frohne, Ph.D., P.E.
E.F. Cross School of Engineering

Old 02-22-2010, 03:02 PM
Lewman Niko

Hi Rob,

I would go with two multiseat computers.

Here's a link http://netpatia.blogspot.com/2006/09/multiseat-computer-with-ubuntu.html for you.

Niko Lewman
PYP Coordinator
Ressu Comprehensive School