-   Ubuntu Education (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-education/)
-   -   About the Ubuntu User Day (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-education/313258-about-ubuntu-user-day.html)

"M. Fioretti" 01-22-2010 10:03 AM

About the Ubuntu User Day

On Wed, Jan 13, 2010 23:13:09 PM -0500, Chris Johnston
(chrisjohnston@ubuntu.com) wrote:

> The Ubuntu User Days Team would like to announce the first Ubuntu
> User Day, on January 23, 2010.

FIY: I've announced this on my website, in a format which should
appeal to all parents and teachers who use computers but are scared or
bored by "software stuff", and also makes (note the notice in the
website footer) a one page printout to hand out to friends, coworkers,
neighbors...

http://stop.zona-m.net/node/78

HTH,
Marco
--
Ninux Day, or why you too may need your "neighborhood Internet":
http://stop.zona-m.net/node/47

"M. Fioretti" 01-22-2010 10:04 AM

About the Ubuntu User Day

NoOp 01-22-2010 04:51 PM

About the Ubuntu User Day

On 01/22/2010 03:04 AM, M. Fioretti wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 13, 2010 23:13:09 PM -0500, Chris Johnston
> (chrisjohnston@ubuntu.com) wrote:
>
>> The Ubuntu User Days Team would like to announce the first Ubuntu
>> User Day, on January 23, 2010.
>
> FIY: I've announced this on my website, in a format which should
> appeal to all parents and teachers who use computers but are scared or
> bored by "software stuff", and also makes (note the notice in the
> website footer) a one page printout to hand out to friends, coworkers,
> neighbors...
>
> http://stop.zona-m.net/node/78

Nice. https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UserDays
But I reckon that much of the target audience may be a little
intimidated by:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UserDays/JoiningIn
So you might want to add some added basic info/examples on how they can
use webchat.freenode.net channel lest they become frightened by the irc
client method.

"M. Fioretti" 01-23-2010 10:22 AM

About the Ubuntu User Day

On Fri, Jan 22, 2010 09:51:54 AM -0800, NoOp (glgxg@sbcglobal.net) wrote:

> Nice.

Thanks.

> So you might want to add...

Please note that this should be communicated directly (asap) to the
people actually running the show, I just reported it from the outside.

HTH,
Marco
--
OOo4Kids, the office suite for all children... and their parents:
http://stop.zona-m.net/node/42