-   Ubuntu Education (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-education/)
-   -   Location of edubuntu packages. (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-education/247650-location-edubuntu-packages.html)

bob 001 02-18-2009 01:13 AM

Location of edubuntu packages.

Hi there,
Any ideas, what location is at edubuntu packages are? I want to upgrade my recently installed kubuntu 8.1 to edubuntu.

I tried second cd download, ran cdromupgrade from there and choose Yes for network. Even after this, it added cdrom path into sources.list for packages instead of some online location.

Is kubuntu and edubuntu compatible? Or should I download fist CD again? It seems both kubuntu and edubuntu's first desktop cd are pointing to same location.

Please suggest.

Thanks and regards,
- Bob.

Christopher Chan 02-18-2009 01:29 AM

bob 001 wrote:
> Hi there,
> Any ideas, what location is at edubuntu packages are? I want to
> upgrade my recently installed kubuntu 8.1 to edubuntu.
All edubuntu packages have been merged into the main repositories. Just
search for edubuntu-kde-addon or edubuntu-desktop or similar if you want
to install everything.

> I tried second cd download, ran cdromupgrade from there and choose Yes
> for network. Even after this, it added cdrom path into sources.list
> for packages instead of some online location.
Well...you did download the cd...

> Is kubuntu and edubuntu compatible? Or should I download fist CD
> again? It seems both kubuntu and edubuntu's first desktop cd are
> pointing to same location.
They do point to the same location. The main Ubuntu repositories.

bob 001 02-18-2009 03:25 AM

Location of edubuntu packages.

Thanks Chris. Can you share your sources.list if it is ok with you? Or if you can paste few lines it would be very nice of you.
TIA - Bob.

Christopher Chan 02-18-2009 03:32 AM

bob 001 wrote:
> Thanks Chris. Can you share your sources.list if it is ok with you? Or
> if you can paste few lines it would be very nice of you.
Mine all point to either the local Hong Kong repositories
(ftp.hostrino.com) or the local school mirror that I have set up. I
doubt that will be useful to you.

Just run Software Sources to reset everything to a local mirror or the
main Ubuntu repositories.

You will find it under System on the KDE menu.

But here is my sources.list anyway:

deb http://192.168.9.1/ubuntu/ hardy main restricted

## Major bug fix updates produced after the final release of the
## distribution.
deb http://192.168.9.1/ubuntu/ hardy-updates main restricted

## N.B. software from this repository is ENTIRELY UNSUPPORTED by the Ubuntu
## team, and may not be under a free licence. Please satisfy yourself as to
## your rights to use the software. Also, please note that software in
## universe WILL NOT receive any review or updates from the Ubuntu security
## team.
deb http://192.168.9.1/ubuntu/ hardy universe
deb http://192.168.9.1/ubuntu/ hardy-updates universe

## N.B. software from this repository is ENTIRELY UNSUPPORTED by the Ubuntu
## team, and may not be under a free licence. Please satisfy yourself as to
## your rights to use the software. Also, please note that software in
## multiverse WILL NOT receive any review or updates from the Ubuntu
## security team.
deb http://192.168.9.1/ubuntu/ hardy multiverse
deb http://192.168.9.1/ubuntu/ hardy-updates multiverse

## Uncomment the following two lines to add software from the 'backports'
## repository.
## N.B. software from this repository may not have been tested as
## extensively as that contained in the main release, although it includes
## newer versions of some applications which may provide useful features.
## Also, please note that software in backports WILL NOT receive any review
## or updates from the Ubuntu security team.
deb http://192.168.9.1/ubuntu/ hardy-backports main restricted universe
multiverse
deb-src http://192.168.9.1/ubuntu/ hardy-backports main restricted
universe multiverse