-   Ubuntu Education (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-education/)
-   -   Intro message (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-education/247281-intro-message.html)

Matt Burkhardt 02-17-2009 03:49 PM

Intro message

Welcome to the group and I would love to find out about work with your LoCo!* I'll mark your blog as a "must read".

On Tue, 2009-02-17 at 11:31 -0500, Algot Runeman wrote:

As suggested by the list confirmation message, I will introduce myself.

I am a retired middle school science teacher, computer skills teacher
and technology director for the King Philip Regional School District,
working there a total of 36 years.

I have been active in the Masachusetts Computer Using Educators
(MassCUE) here in the US, and served on the board of directors for 20
years. I remain active as a special interest group participant, writing
regularly for the open source SIG called "Moving to Open Source Software
in Schools" (link below).

I have recently become involved with the Massachusetts LoCo Team where
we are working to develop a strategy that will help introduce and
support FOSS use in Massachusetts schools.

My daily use computer is a Toshiba A45 laptop running Kubuntu 8.04
because I am comfortable with the 3.xx KDE and everything just works.

I look forward to keeping up with this mailing list and getting to know
the participants.

--Algot

--
Algot Runeman