Old 01-24-2009, 12:37 AM
Don Davie

Default VNC as an alternative to LTSP on laptops?

Check in with your local County Office of Education or local county gvt office.* On Fridays,*they hold a county surplus sale, everything electronic that the county has can be transfered into our inventory wihtout cost as its "recycling".* I managed to get all 15 classroom HP 4000 network printers(yes they are old but they work and its just ordering 1 type of tonor rather then 15 different ones * I also picked up a full set of functional 32 hp vectras for student pc's, (pIV 1.4 gig, 800 fsb).* And occasionaly*sometimes you get real gems.* We picked up 4 HP 2100's with nics that the county library had.* Their counters red* 7 to 9k wich isn't too bad for a used printer.* they replaced them as their grant paid for new ones.** If you are a member of a school district, they occasionally have the same sales as well.

*
Good hunting,
*
Lt. Don E. Davie