Old 01-22-2009, 12:45 AM
Brett Alton

Default Another school considering open source

I was just commenting on the lact of documentation for the Education
section on the main Ubuntu website and I was directed to this page by
fellow users: http://www.ubuntu.com/education.

Should give you good introduction information.

On Wed, Jan 21, 2009 at 7:18 PM, Jeffrey LePage
<jeffrey_lepage@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> As some of you know, I recently converted a local charter school (Free Horizon Montessori in Arvada CO) to open source.
>
> Well, another school in the Golden area is considering switching to open source. It's a small K-7 charter school, and they just got a big technology grant. They like the idea of open source, but they don't know a lot about it. They want to make the switch, but they're worried about how they'll support legacy windoze software, whether or not firefox/linux will work with the school district's admin websites, etc.
>
> They want me to help come up with a technology plan, and so I'm throwing this out to the community:
>
> Do you want to help?
> Do you have suggestions?
> Are you ready to show them the greatness of the open source community?

Brett Alton
http://brettalton.com
brett.jr.alton@gmail.com

Old 01-22-2009, 12:44 PM
Matt Burkhardt

I'll help!

As some of you know, I recently converted a local charter school (Free Horizon Montessori in Arvada CO) to open source.

Well, another school in the Golden area is considering switching to open source. It's a small K-7 charter school, and they just got a big technology grant. They like the idea of open source, but they don't know a lot about it. They want to make the switch, but they're worried about how they'll support legacy windoze software, whether or not firefox/linux will work with the school district's admin websites, etc.

They want me to help come up with a technology plan, and so I'm throwing this out to the community:

Do you want to help?
Do you have suggestions?
Are you ready to show them the greatness of the open source community?

Matt Burkhardt, MSTM

President

Impari Systems, Inc.

502 Fairview Avenue