-   Ubuntu Education (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-education/)
-   -   Another school considering open source (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-education/232098-another-school-considering-open-source.html)

Jeffrey LePage 01-21-2009 11:18 PM

Another school considering open source

Greetings,

As some of you know, I recently converted a local charter school (Free Horizon Montessori in Arvada CO) to open source.

Well, another school in the Golden area is considering switching to open source. It's a small K-7 charter school, and they just got a big technology grant. They like the idea of open source, but they don't know a lot about it. They want to make the switch, but they're worried about how they'll support legacy windoze software, whether or not firefox/linux will work with the school district's admin websites, etc.

They want me to help come up with a technology plan, and so I'm throwing this out to the community:

Do you want to help?
Do you have suggestions?
Are you ready to show them the greatness of the open source community?