Old 11-17-2008, 01:36 PM
Jeffrey LePage

Default Did you bring your XO to work/school today?

OK, this isn't actually about Ubuntu, but I thought I'd mention it.

Today is the kickoff for the 2008 OLPC XO Give1Get1 program. (See laptop.org). As part of the marketing effort, they're asking all the previous donors to bring in their XO's and show them off to colleagues.

I brought in my two and I'm getting a lot of interest. At the very least it raises awareness of open source in education.

Old 11-17-2008, 02:00 PM
"Sameer Verma"

On Mon, Nov 17, 2008 at 6:36 AM, Jeffrey LePage
<jeffrey_lepage@yahoo.com> wrote:
> OK, this isn't actually about Ubuntu, but I thought I'd mention it.
>
> Today is the kickoff for the 2008 OLPC XO Give1Get1 program. (See laptop.org). As part of the marketing effort, they're asking all the previous donors to bring in their XO's and show them off to colleagues.
>
> I brought in my two and I'm getting a lot of interest. At the very least it raises awareness of open source in education.

What a neat way to spread the word! I changed my ESSID on my access
point to amazon.com/xo in the hopes that the neighbors will see it and
get curious.

Sameer

--
Dr. Sameer Verma, Ph.D.