Old 08-15-2008, 04:28 PM
Vern Ceder

Default K12 Open Minds Reminder (fixed)

Sorry about the fragment in my previous post - it's supposed to say "See
the "hotels" link on the web site"

Cheers,
Vern

This is just a quick reminder that the K12 Open Minds conference is
approaching. See http://www.k12openminds.org for more details - this is
one of the few conferences devoted to Free and Open Source Software in
K-12 education, so if that's an area of interest please come and
consider presenting.

There are two updates worth mentioning. First, the deadline for rooms at
the conference rate of $97 a night is August 25. After that, the room
rate will increase dramatically. So if you are planning to attend,
booking a room now would be a good idea (see the "Hotels link on the web
site).

Second, we have extended the deadline for speaking proposals to Friday,
August 22, so please consider submitting a talk. While all proposals are
welcome, talks focussed on FOSS at the classroom level, either teaching
or technical, would be welcomed.

Cheers,
Vern Ceder
--