Old 08-07-2008, 02:31 PM
Vern Ceder

Default K12 Open Minds Panel - Schools and LUG's

Hi everyone,

I know that the K12 Open Minds conference in Indianapolis this fall has
already been announced on this list. (If you missed it, go to
http://www.k12openminds.org to find out all about it).

I'm looking to put together a panel discussion session on the
interaction between schools using Linux and Linux Users Groups (and the
wider FOSS community) - what should happen, what can go wrong, what both
sides can offer and what they can gain, etc.

If anyone on this list has any desire to be on such a panel or knows of
someone, either on the school side or the LUG side that would be good
for this discussion, please let me know off list.

I have to admit right now that I'm not entirely sure of the logistics. I
believe that panel participants can just attend the panel without
registering, but attending other sessions and events at the conference
require registration. And as a community event, we don't have the
resources to pay for travel, etc, for participants.

Thanks,
Vern Ceder

--
This time for sure!