Old 07-23-2008, 08:54 PM
Eric Morey

Default Edubuntu for Libraries

Is Edubuntu apropriate for installation and use in libraries? Does
anyone know of a library that uses it?

Eric...

Old 07-23-2008, 09:05 PM

I have edubuntu and ubuntu in several of our libraries. Harrisonburg
City Public Schools.

Quoting Eric Morey <eric@glodime.com>:

> Is Edubuntu apropriate for installation and use in libraries? Does
> anyone know of a library that uses it?
>
> Eric...

Dwayne Hottinger
Network Administrator
Harrisonburg City Public Schools

-- Albert Einstein

Old 07-23-2008, 09:05 PM
Matt Burkhardt

Howard County Public Library in Maryland has completely switched to run on Ubuntu / Edubuntu.*

http://www.hclibrary.org/

Is Edubuntu apropriate for installation and use in libraries? Does
anyone know of a library that uses it?

Eric...

Matt Burkhardt, MSTM

President

Impari Systems, Inc.

401 Rosemont Avenue

Frederick, MD* 21701

mlb@imparisystems.com

www.imparisystems.com

(301) 644-3911

Old 07-24-2008, 05:21 PM
Jeffrey LePage

On the topic of Edubuntu for libraries...

Has anyone attempted an install of Koha (FOSS integrated library management system)? I've been asked to install Koha as a replacement for our aging Athena system.

Old 07-24-2008, 05:49 PM
Jeffrey LePage

So...

You've gotten it to work with the stable version, but the pre-release is a pain?

How about importing records from Athena into Koha? Is there an easy way to do this?