Old 02-12-2008, 04:51 PM
Ted Gould

Default How to include a part of Wine that can only be compiled on Windows (Gecko)

On Mon, 2008-02-11 at 16:49 -0800, Scott Ritchie wrote:
> Ideally, Windows Gecko would be buildable under the tools we already
> have in Ubuntu (Mingw), then we could make a wine-gecko package fairly
> easily that just put gecko in its place. Unfortunately, that's not the
> case today: the Gecko that Wine needs has to be built with Visual Studio.

Just to be curious, why is that? Is it some ATL templates or something?
I guess the reason I'm confused it is would seem that if Wine supported
the feature it would also support a way to compile against it. I
thought that was the original goal of WINE, to allow people to compile
Linux native versions of their Windows programs.

If it is a header file/template thing, could we build the output of
their version of "gcc -E" freely?

--Ted