Old 02-11-2008, 12:19 AM
"Jonathan Musther"

Default Texas Flood

I've just been reading about Texas Flood.* Don't know if anybody has heard of it.* It's hard to find info on, especially since it seems to be a Brazilian project and all the info is in Portuguese.

Via google translator I've found out that it seems to be some kind of high speed init replacement, they have a video showing off the speed improvement here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWAB9KSvpi0

This seems to be the home:
http://linuxhard.org/

If it's stable, and doesn't have any unforeseen drawbacks, it might be something worth considering.

Old 02-11-2008, 12:41 AM
"Cory K."

Jonathan Musther wrote:
> I've just been reading about Texas Flood. Don't know if anybody has
> heard of it. It's hard to find info on, especially since it seems to
> be a Brazilian project and all the info is in Portuguese.
>
> Via google translator I've found out that it seems to be some kind of
> high speed init replacement, they have a video showing off the speed
> improvement here:
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWAB9KSvpi0
>
> This seems to be the home:
> http://linuxhard.org/
>
> If it's stable, and doesn't have any unforeseen drawbacks, it might be
> something worth considering.

Upstart is just as fast if not faster on my box GRUB->GDM/Startx. After
that it depends on the DE you're using.

That's not to say the heads up wasn't cool, I just think Upstart works
just fine. Fedora is even gonna use it. :P

-Cory m/