Old 02-03-2008, 11:00 AM
"Peter Stahlir"

Default Minimal Hardy Alpha Images

Hi!

Is it possible to create minimal cd images of hardy alpha releases?
I think about an image that is less than 100MB and contains only the
absolute necessary packages to run the live cd.
Add a torrent for this image and testing alpha releases would be _much_ easier.
Right now I have to download more than 600MB.

I promise to test _every_ alpha release if you provide such an image.

ps

Old 02-03-2008, 04:24 PM
Thomas Novin

On Sun, 2008-02-03 at 13:00 +0100, Peter Stahlir wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Is it possible to create minimal cd images of hardy alpha releases?
> I think about an image that is less than 100MB and contains only the
> absolute necessary packages to run the live cd.
> Add a torrent for this image and testing alpha releases would be _much_ easier.
> Right now I have to download more than 600MB.
>
> I promise to test _every_ alpha release if you provide such an image.

Hello.

For the average user, the 685MB takes about 10-20 minutes to download.
Not really a big deal. I think there are more than enough beta testers
already so I don't think you should hold your breath waiting for such an
image I think it's amazing that it's _only_ 685MB.

Ps. I'm not a developer.

Rgds

Old 02-03-2008, 04:38 PM
"Cory K."

Thomas Novin wrote:
> On Sun, 2008-02-03 at 13:00 +0100, Peter Stahlir wrote:
>
>> Hi!
>>
>> Is it possible to create minimal cd images of hardy alpha releases?
>> I think about an image that is less than 100MB and contains only the
>> absolute necessary packages to run the live cd.
>> Add a torrent for this image and testing alpha releases would be _much_ easier.
>> Right now I have to download more than 600MB.
>>
>> I promise to test _every_ alpha release if you provide such an image.
>>

> I think there are more than enough beta testers
>
> Rgds

No such thing. #ubuntu-testing on freenode or
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Testing

-Cory

Old 02-04-2008, 11:01 AM
Sarah Hobbs

Old 02-12-2008, 01:06 PM
Lars Wirzenius

On ti, 2008-02-12 at 00:22 +0000, (=?utf-8?q?=60=60-=5F-=C2=B4=C2=B4?=)
-- Fernando wrote:
> On Monday 04 February 2008 12:01:00 Sarah Hobbs wrote:
> > You are using rsync for updating images, aren't you?
> >
> > Hobbsee
>
> How does one do that?

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/RsyncCdImage

That page is hopefully helpful.