-   -   use -dbg or -dbgsym files for debugging? (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-development/45466-use-dbg-dbgsym-files-debugging.html)

shirish 02-02-2008 02:18 PM

use -dbg or -dbgsym files for debugging?

Hi all,
I don't know should one be using -dbg or -dbgsym files for
debugging. For there are some files which don't have -dbg files & some
which don't have -dbgsym files. So it becomes confusing for end users
like me to know which to use. Long time back somebody advised me that
its better to be with -dbgsym files & hence been using that one. Now I
needed to debug something which needs gnome-dbgsym file & there is no
gnome-dbgsym ( I'm on Hardy Heron) . Please CC me the replies so I'm
in the loop.
Shirish Agarwal

065C 6D79 A68C E7EA 52B3 8D70 950D 53FB 729A 8B17