-   -   Benefit of Compiz to audio work? (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-development/2825-benefit-compiz-audio-work.html)

"(``-_-) -- Fernando" 11-21-2007 10:27 PM

On Sunday 18 November 2007 13:39:15 Cory K. wrote:
> There looks to be many opinions on either side of this question. I have
> also involved the LinuxAudio.org ML and it looks as varied as here.
>
> http://lists.linuxaudio.org/pipermail/consortium/2007-November/001826.html
>
> So we're still out on this decision and welcome more opinions.
>
> -Cory m/

In my case, where I have an onboard GPU (intel 855) CompizFusion takes a large hit on CPU.
From what I've seen, on even older/slower laptops with dedicated GPUs, 3D is quite less CPU hungry.

So my idea would be some way to test if the PC has a dedicated GPU or not, and then enable or not GPU.
Sure this could also apply to regular/generic kernel, but none the less RT is allways a special case.

--
BUGabundo :o)
(``-_-) http://Ubuntu.BUGabundo.net