-   -   apt-cacher in main (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-development/275-apt-cacher-main.html)

Reinhard Tartler 11-18-2007 04:32 PM

apt-cacher in main

Oliver Grawert <ogra@ubuntu.com> writes:

> searching for package proxy solutions in apt-cache reveals:
>
> approx - caching proxy server for Debian archive files
> apt-cacher - caching proxy system for Debian package and source files
> apt-proxy - Debian archive proxy and partial mirror builder
>
> does anyone know more tools like the above ones that fulfill the same
> need so we can take a look at them as well ?

http://packages.debian.org/sid/apt-cacher-ng

But I have not tried it yet.

--
Gruesse/greetings,
Reinhard Tartler, KeyID 945348A4

Fabian Rodriguez 11-18-2007 08:45 PM

apt-cacher in main

Reinhard Tartler wrote:

> http://packages.debian.org/sid/apt-cacher-ng
>
> But I have not tried it yet.

It will be interesting to follow its progress. apt-cacher-ng (presumably
"next generation") "is more than simple rewrite of Apt-Cacher. It was
redesigned from scratch and is written in C++ with main focus on
maximizing throughput with low requirements on system resources."

It is going to be in hardy, in universe. Chnagelog is here:
http://changelogs.ubuntu.com/changelogs/pool/universe/a/apt-cacher-ng/apt-cacher-ng_0.1.1-1/changelog

I will be going forward with proposing apt-cacher for main in Hardy as
its a LTS release. I'll be writing up the MIR this week.

Cheers,

Fabian