-   -   MOTU Release done for Karmic (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-development/270805-motu-release-done-karmic.html)

Martin Pitt 10-28-2009 05:00 PM

MOTU Release done for Karmic

Scott Ritchie [2009-10-28 10:50 -0700]:
> Is there a way we could speed up SRUs for the next week? As I
> understand it the current process requires uploading the package to
> Lucid before backporting the fix.
>
> Does this mean updates are going to be impossible until Lucid is
> available? I have a package ready to go into -proposed today, however
> if I have to wait until Lucid is open to upload that could be much longer.

If you have an SRU which meets the criteria, and a bug prepared
accordingly (justification, ubuntu-sru subscribed, etc.), please
upload it. The queue is open, and I'll process them as fast as
possible right after release.

Right after the release bugs can't be fixed in the dev release first
obviously. We will just create lucid tasks and then binary copy the
karmic-proposed updates to lucid once it opens, so don't worry about
that.

Martin
--
Martin Pitt | http://www.piware.de

Scott Kitterman 10-28-2009 06:18 PM

MOTU Release done for Karmic

On Wed, 28 Oct 2009 19:00:47 +0100 Martin Pitt <martin.pitt@ubuntu.com>
wrote:
>Scott Ritchie [2009-10-28 10:50 -0700]:
>> Is there a way we could speed up SRUs for the next week? As I
>> understand it the current process requires uploading the package to
>> Lucid before backporting the fix.
>>
>> Does this mean updates are going to be impossible until Lucid is
>> available? I have a package ready to go into -proposed today, however
>> if I have to wait until Lucid is open to upload that could be much
longer.

>If you have an SRU which meets the criteria, and a bug prepared
>accordingly (justification, ubuntu-sru subscribed, etc.), please
>upload it. The queue is open, and I'll process them as fast as
>possible right after release.
>
>Right after the release bugs can't be fixed in the dev release first
>obviously. We will just create lucid tasks and then binary copy the
>karmic-proposed updates to lucid once it opens, so don't worry about
>that.

For Universe, motu-sru is also already approving things.

Scott K

"Michael Bienia" 10-28-2009 06:31 PM

On 2009-10-28 10:50:24 -0700, Scott Ritchie wrote:
> Is there a way we could speed up SRUs for the next week? As I
> understand it the current process requires uploading the package to
> Lucid before backporting the fix.
>
> Does this mean updates are going to be impossible until Lucid is
> available? I have a package ready to go into -proposed today, however
> if I have to wait until Lucid is open to upload that could be much longer.

I assume it will be handled like in the past: you can upload to
-proposed now and once lucid opens you can catch up with fixing it in
lucid too.

Michael

"Michael Bienia" 10-28-2009 06:31 PM

Martin Pitt 10-28-2009 06:49 PM

MOTU Release done for Karmic

Martin Pitt [2009-10-28 19:00 +0100]:
> If you have an SRU which meets the criteria, and a bug prepared
> accordingly (justification, ubuntu-sru subscribed, etc.), please
> upload it. The queue is open, and I'll process them as fast as
> possible right after release.

To speed that up, I just finished to review the current queue (from
the bottom up to "kdebindings" at the time of this writing), and
prepared everything in advance, so after karmic's release I just need
to press a few buttons to move them all in.

Martin

https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/karmic/+queue?queue_state=1

--
Martin Pitt | http://www.piware.de