Old 03-23-2009, 12:40 PM
Emmet Hikory

Default lp:~persia/casper/trunk into lp:casper

Fixed the closing quote. Replaced with real tabs. Updated against current trunk.
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~persia/casper/trunk/+merge/4236
Your team Ubuntu Core Development Team is subscribed to branch lp:casper.

Old 03-23-2009, 12:59 PM
Colin Watson

> Fixed the closing quote. Replaced with real tabs. Updated against
> current trunk.

Thanks, but now I notice that there's a missing "; then" at the end of each if line as well. I'm a bit concerned that syntactic errors mean that this hasn't been tested - perhaps you could build a test image with this and run it through before we merge, to make sure that it really does the right thing?
--
https://code.edge.launchpad.net/~persia/casper/trunk/+merge/4236
Your team Ubuntu Core Development Team is subscribed to branch lp:casper.

Old 03-23-2009, 03:48 PM
Emmet Hikory

> I'm a bit concerned that syntactic errors mean that this hasn't been tested -
> perhaps you could build a test image with this and run it through before we merge,
> to make sure that it really does the right thing?

Right. No more attempts to go faster, as it seems to both take longer, and waste other people's time as well.

Test procedure was as follows:

update files
copy changes to loop-mounted image
regenerate initramfs
extract to /casper/initrd.gz on image
boot result
repeat

I didn't go so far as to rebuild casper, and install the rebuilt casper into the image prior to update.

Old 03-24-2009, 03:41 PM
Colin Watson

Looks happier now, thanks; I'll go ahead and merge this.

Old 03-24-2009, 03:42 PM
Colin Watson

Review: Approve