-   -   lp:~persia/casper/trunk into lp:casper (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-development/268413-lp-persia-casper-trunk-into-lp-casper.html)

Emmet Hikory 03-23-2009 12:40 PM

lp:~persia/casper/trunk into lp:casper

Fixed the closing quote. Replaced with real tabs. Updated against current trunk.
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~persia/casper/trunk/+merge/4236
Your team Ubuntu Core Development Team is subscribed to branch lp:casper.

Colin Watson 03-23-2009 12:59 PM

lp:~persia/casper/trunk into lp:casper

> Fixed the closing quote. Replaced with real tabs. Updated against
> current trunk.

Thanks, but now I notice that there's a missing "; then" at the end of each if line as well. I'm a bit concerned that syntactic errors mean that this hasn't been tested - perhaps you could build a test image with this and run it through before we merge, to make sure that it really does the right thing?
--
https://code.edge.launchpad.net/~persia/casper/trunk/+merge/4236
Your team Ubuntu Core Development Team is subscribed to branch lp:casper.

Emmet Hikory 03-23-2009 03:48 PM

lp:~persia/casper/trunk into lp:casper

> I'm a bit concerned that syntactic errors mean that this hasn't been tested -
> perhaps you could build a test image with this and run it through before we merge,
> to make sure that it really does the right thing?

Right. No more attempts to go faster, as it seems to both take longer, and waste other people's time as well.

Test procedure was as follows:

update files
copy changes to loop-mounted image
regenerate initramfs
extract to /casper/initrd.gz on image
boot result
repeat

I didn't go so far as to rebuild casper, and install the rebuilt casper into the image prior to update.

Colin Watson 03-24-2009 03:41 PM

lp:~persia/casper/trunk into lp:casper

Looks happier now, thanks; I'll go ahead and merge this.

Colin Watson 03-24-2009 03:42 PM

lp:~persia/casper/trunk into lp:casper

Review: Approve