-   -   The package FTBF Slist, and package rebuilds. (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-development/268192-package-ftbf-slist-package-rebuilds.html)

Luke Yelavich 03-23-2009 02:37 AM

The package FTBF Slist, and package rebuilds.

Hi all
As you may be aware, there have been various transitions, and other large scale activities in the archive recently that have caused packages to FTBS for some reason. I have personally come accross a few GTK/GNOME packages that failed to build due to uninstallable packages. These were easily fixable simply by retrying the builds, after confirming that the package builds for me on my own machine.

As we approach the final release, it might be a good idea to look over the various lists that can be used to identify build failures, and attempt to resolve these failures, either by retrying the build in Launchpad (MOTUs and core-devs only as far as I know), or uploading fixes to allow the package to build again.

Looking at http://qa.ubuntuwire.com/ftbfs/ and http://people.ubuntu.com/~ubuntu-archive/testing/jaunty_outdate_all.txt, it appears there are a fair few packages that could be looked into, particularly in main.

So I suggest we all start looking through these lists and getting as many packages built as we can before the final release. I am sure the release team won't object to uploads fixing such failures.

Luke

Steve Langasek 03-23-2009 02:48 AM

On Mon, Mar 23, 2009 at 02:37:55PM +1100, Luke Yelavich wrote:

> Looking at http://qa.ubuntuwire.com/ftbfs/ and
> http://people.ubuntu.com/~ubuntu-archive/testing/jaunty_outdate_all.txt, it
> appears there are a fair few packages that could be looked into,
> particularly in main.

If you're looking for out-of-date packages in main, you should use
http://people.ubuntu.com/~ubuntu-archive/testing/jaunty_outdate.html instead
- since that provides the list of precisely those packages from main that
are out-of-date on amd64 or i386, as opposed to the jaunty_outdate_all.txt
which looks at packages in universe as well.

(Not that it wouldn't also be worthwhile to look at the universe list, of
course; just pointing out that if "main" is what you're after, there's a
targeted list available.)

Ubuntu Developer http://www.debian.org/
slangasek@ubuntu.com vorlon@debian.org