Old 12-18-2007, 11:04 AM
Julian Andres Klode

Default Script to create bootable usb sticks from Ubuntu ISO image

I wrote a script which can be used to create a bootable USB stick. It can
already partition the usb stick, format it, and create a bootable live system with
support for "persistent".

In contrast to Fedora's script (which has been "ported" to Ubuntu), it is able to partition a device and to
format partitions.

It is not finished yet, but it is already usable.

If you are interested in getting this into the image, I would improve the script and make it support more
options (including non-persistent). It would be really helpful to have such a script.If you are interested in
getting this into the image, I would improve the script and make it support more

You can find it at: http://jak-linux.org/tmp/iso2usb.sh
--
Julian Andres Klode, Fellow of the Free Software Foundation Europe
Ubuntu Member | Debian Packager | Developer

try Ubuntu: http://www.ubuntu.com/ | my site: http://jak-linux.org/
mail: juliank@ubuntu.com | IRC: juliank