Old 03-10-2009, 04:33 AM
Martin Slezák

Default Pidgin in Ubuntu

Hello, could be possible to upgrade pidgin in ubuntu repository? Current version 2.5.2 has problems with icq protocol. 2.5.5 version should be fixed.
Thanks and have a nice day.
Martin

Old 03-10-2009, 06:14 AM
Didier Roche

2009/3/10 Martin Slezák <sm.sm@email.cz>:
> Hello, could be possible to upgrade pidgin in ubuntu repository? Current version 2.5.2 has problems with icq protocol. 2.5.5 version should be fixed.
> Thanks and have a nice day.
> Martin

It has been done yesterday, just wait for your mirror to refresh
https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/pidgin

Didier

Old 03-10-2009, 06:16 AM
Didier Roche

2009/3/10 Didier Roche <didrocks@ubuntu.com>:
> 2009/3/10 Martin Slezák <sm.sm@email.cz>:
>> Hello, could be possible to upgrade pidgin in ubuntu repository? Current version 2.5.2 has problems with icq protocol. 2.5.5 version should be fixed.
>> Thanks and have a nice day.
>> Martin
>>

> It has been done yesterday, just wait for your mirror to refresh
> https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/pidgin

Of course, I was talking about jaunty. There is little chance that
pidgin will be updated in intrepid. I can maybe give a look at this
icq protocol issue and look if the fix can be backported to 2.5.2 in
intrepid.

Didier

Old 03-10-2009, 08:00 PM
Didier Roche

2009/3/10 Mark Painter <mpainter@google.com>:
> On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 12:16 AM, Didier Roche <didrocks@ubuntu.com> wrote:
>>>>

>>> It has been done yesterday, just wait for your mirror to refresh
>>> https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/pidgin
>>>

>> Of course, I was talking about jaunty. There is little chance that
>> pidgin will be updated in intrepid. I can maybe give a look at this
>> icq protocol issue and look if the fix can be backported to 2.5.2 in
>> intrepid.
>
> A fix for Hardy might be more meaningful, as LTS.

Already done: please see the bug
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/pidgin/+bug/340151

Didier

Old 03-10-2009, 08:22 PM
Mark Painter

On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 2:00 PM, Didier Roche <didrocks@ubuntu.com> wrote:
> 2009/3/10 Mark Painter <mpainter@google.com>:

>>> Of course, I was talking about jaunty. There is little chance that
>>> pidgin will be updated in intrepid. I can maybe give a look at this
>>> icq protocol issue and look if the fix can be backported to 2.5.2 in
>>> intrepid.
>>
>> A fix for Hardy might be more meaningful, as LTS.
>>

> Already done: please see the bug
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/pidgin/+bug/340151

Very nice, thanks!