-   -   Pidgin in Ubuntu (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-development/260201-pidgin-ubuntu.html)

Martin Slezák 03-10-2009 04:33 AM

Pidgin in Ubuntu

Hello, could be possible to upgrade pidgin in ubuntu repository? Current version 2.5.2 has problems with icq protocol. 2.5.5 version should be fixed.
Thanks and have a nice day.
Martin

Didier Roche 03-10-2009 06:14 AM

Pidgin in Ubuntu

2009/3/10 Martin Slezák <sm.sm@email.cz>:
> Hello, could be possible to upgrade pidgin in ubuntu repository? Current version 2.5.2 has problems with icq protocol. 2.5.5 version should be fixed.
> Thanks and have a nice day.
> Martin

It has been done yesterday, just wait for your mirror to refresh :)
https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/pidgin

Didier

Didier Roche 03-10-2009 06:16 AM

Pidgin in Ubuntu

2009/3/10 Didier Roche <didrocks@ubuntu.com>:
> 2009/3/10 Martin Slezák <sm.sm@email.cz>:
>> Hello, could be possible to upgrade pidgin in ubuntu repository? Current version 2.5.2 has problems with icq protocol. 2.5.5 version should be fixed.
>> Thanks and have a nice day.
>> Martin
>>

> It has been done yesterday, just wait for your mirror to refresh :)
> https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/pidgin

Of course, I was talking about jaunty. There is little chance that
pidgin will be updated in intrepid. I can maybe give a look at this
icq protocol issue and look if the fix can be backported to 2.5.2 in
intrepid.

Didier

Didier Roche 03-10-2009 08:00 PM

Pidgin in Ubuntu

2009/3/10 Mark Painter <mpainter@google.com>:
> On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 12:16 AM, Didier Roche <didrocks@ubuntu.com> wrote:
>>>>

>>> It has been done yesterday, just wait for your mirror to refresh :)
>>> https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/pidgin
>>>

>> Of course, I was talking about jaunty. There is little chance that
>> pidgin will be updated in intrepid. I can maybe give a look at this
>> icq protocol issue and look if the fix can be backported to 2.5.2 in
>> intrepid.
>
> A fix for Hardy might be more meaningful, as LTS.

Already done: please see the bug
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/pidgin/+bug/340151

Didier

Mark Painter 03-10-2009 08:22 PM

Pidgin in Ubuntu

On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 2:00 PM, Didier Roche <didrocks@ubuntu.com> wrote:
> 2009/3/10 Mark Painter <mpainter@google.com>:

>>> Of course, I was talking about jaunty. There is little chance that
>>> pidgin will be updated in intrepid. I can maybe give a look at this
>>> icq protocol issue and look if the fix can be backported to 2.5.2 in
>>> intrepid.
>>
>> A fix for Hardy might be more meaningful, as LTS.
>>

> Already done: please see the bug
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/pidgin/+bug/340151

Very nice, thanks!