-   -   New to Ubuntu development: Help needed (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-development/257558-new-ubuntu-development-help-needed.html)

Paraneetharan Chandrasekaran 03-05-2009 09:24 AM

New to Ubuntu development: Help needed

Hi,
********* I am very new to ubuntu development. Before starting getting involved in any of the packeages, i*like to learn how Ubuntu works ans what is the architecture of*Ubuntu. Can anybody show me some poiners/links/docs etc?

*
Thanks in advance,
Paraneetharan*C*

Colin Watson 03-05-2009 01:32 PM

On Thu, Mar 05, 2009 at 03:54:43PM +0530, Paraneetharan Chandrasekaran wrote:
> I am very new to ubuntu development. Before starting getting
> involved in any of the packeages, i like to learn how Ubuntu works ans what
> is the architecture of Ubuntu. Can anybody show me some poiners/links/docs
> etc?

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuArchitecture is my attempt at this from a
while back. It's not complete, but it includes plenty of links so that
you can look up more detail.

--
Colin Watson [cjwatson@ubuntu.com]

Mackenzie Morgan 03-05-2009 03:45 PM

On Thursday 05 March 2009 5:24:43 am Paraneetharan Chandrasekaran wrote:
> Hi,
> I am very new to ubuntu development. Before starting getting
> involved in any of the packeages, i like to learn how Ubuntu works ans what
> is the architecture of Ubuntu. Can anybody show me some poiners/links/docs
> etc?

What sort of development are you interested in? MOTU does packaging. If you
mean programming stuff...what level do you like to work on? Desktop
applications? Kernel? The backend glue between the two?

--
Mackenzie Morgan
apt-get moo

Paraneetharan Chandrasekaran 03-07-2009 04:52 AM

New to Ubuntu development: Help needed

HI Morgan,
******************* I like to contribute in programming. L want to contribute more on kernel side. I have interest in application side also. But anyway, I need to get a big picture. What steps can i take? what is my starting square?

Thanks,
Paraneetharan C

Daniel Holbach 03-09-2009 04:24 AM

New to Ubuntu development: Help needed