-   -   UDS Karmic Sponsorships Close Soon! (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-development/256555-uds-karmic-sponsorships-close-soon.html)

Jono Bacon 03-03-2009 10:06 PM

UDS Karmic Sponsorships Close Soon!

Hi Everyone,

Just a quick message to let you know that the close for sponsorship
requests is the 4th March (tomorrow) - if you want to apply to get
sponsored, get it in now!

More details are at
http://www.jonobacon.org/2009/02/19/announcing-the-karmic-koala-ubuntu-developer-summit/

Good luck!

Jono

--
Jono Bacon
Ubuntu Community Manager

Arne Goetje 03-04-2009 01:09 AM

Jono Bacon wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> Just a quick message to let you know that the close for sponsorship
> requests is the 4th March (tomorrow) - if you want to apply to get
> sponsored, get it in now!
>
> More details are at
> http://www.jonobacon.org/2009/02/19/announcing-the-karmic-koala-ubuntu-developer-summit/

Erm... is it just me or is there really a lack of proper announcement
about the UDS details here? I cannot find any mail in my inbox which
announced the sponsorship deadline in the first place, nor the procedure
on how to get potential candidates onto the list.

Cheers
Arne

Alexander Sack 03-04-2009 08:57 AM

On Wed, Mar 04, 2009 at 10:09:15AM +0800, Arne Goetje wrote:
> Jono Bacon wrote:
> > Hi Everyone,
> >
> > Just a quick message to let you know that the close for sponsorship
> > requests is the 4th March (tomorrow) - if you want to apply to get
> > sponsored, get it in now!
> >
> > More details are at
> > http://www.jonobacon.org/2009/02/19/announcing-the-karmic-koala-ubuntu-developer-summit/
> >

> Erm... is it just me or is there really a lack of proper announcement
> about the UDS details here? I cannot find any mail in my inbox which
> announced the sponsorship deadline in the first place, nor the procedure
> on how to get potential candidates onto the list.

I agree that announcing this just on a blog doesn't feel like the most
appropriate approach for this.

- Alexander

Matthew East 03-04-2009 09:04 AM

On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 9:57 AM, Alexander Sack <asac@ubuntu.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 04, 2009 at 10:09:15AM +0800, Arne Goetje wrote:
>> Jono Bacon wrote:
>> > More details are at
>> > http://www.jonobacon.org/2009/02/19/announcing-the-karmic-koala-ubuntu-developer-summit/
>> >

>> Erm... is it just me or is there really a lack of proper announcement
>> about the UDS details here? I cannot find any mail in my inbox which
>> announced the sponsorship deadline in the first place, nor the procedure
>> on how to get potential candidates onto the list.
>
> I agree that announcing this just on a blog doesn't feel like the most
> appropriate approach for this.

In fairness it was also announced in Mark's post to all the
development lists on 20 February.

--
Matthew East
http://www.mdke.org