Old 03-02-2009, 01:49 PM
"Siegfried Gevatter (RainCT)"

Default i18n support as a requirement for user-visible applications in Ubuntu (was Wubi status)

2009/3/2 Alexander Sack <asac@ubuntu.com>:
> IMO, using gettext should be easy enough to add to everything
> that claims to be beyond a prototyping state; doesn't sound too picky
> for me to add that as a general NEW requirement.

I'd rather make it a requirement for inclusion into main (although
that'll only work until Archive Reorganization...), but only a
recommendation ("should") for new packages.

Ubuntu Developer. Debian Contributor.