Old 01-31-2009, 09:41 PM
Matthew Garrett

Default ctrl-alt-backspace aka don't zap via GUI, was: lp:~albertomilone/gnome-control-center/randr-virtual into lp:~ubuntu-core-dev/gnome-control-center/ubuntu

On Fri, Jan 30, 2009 at 03:00:52PM -0800, Steve Langasek wrote:

> I've tested it here (in response to this discussion) and it "works" in that
> it reliably kills X and gdm respawns it automatically, but it also mangles
> my text VTs.

It's fairly inevitable - right now it's the X server's job to restore
text mode, and if you kill it uncleanly then it loses that state and has
no way to reprogram it. This won't change until KMS.

--
Matthew Garrett | mjg59@srcf.ucam.org