Old 01-27-2009, 11:35 PM
Brian Murray

Default Package Removal Resource

I was trying to find information on packages that have been removed from
the archive - specifically for the report that used to be at
http://people.ubuntu.com/~ubuntu-archive/removals.txt. However, it
isn't there any more - is there a reason it isn't?

Additionally, it is referred to by the wiki page at
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuDevelopment/PackageArchive which should
probably be updated if the report no longer exists.

Thanks,
--
Brian Murray @ubuntu.com

Old 02-03-2009, 05:53 PM
Jonathan Davies

2009/1/28 Brian Murray <brian@ubuntu.com>:
> I was trying to find information on packages that have been removed from
> the archive - specifically for the report that used to be at
> http://people.ubuntu.com/~ubuntu-archive/removals.txt. However, it
> isn't there any more - is there a reason it isn't?

The information appears to have moved to Launchpad, for example:

https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/eciadsl - "Deleted in
hardy-release (Reason: (From Debian) RoLastNMUer; unmaintained, low
user count, ...) "

Jonathan

Old 02-10-2009, 08:47 PM
Brian Murray

On Tue, Feb 03, 2009 at 07:53:52PM +0100, Jonathan Davies wrote:
> 2009/1/28 Brian Murray <brian@ubuntu.com>:
> > I was trying to find information on packages that have been removed from
> > the archive - specifically for the report that used to be at
> > http://people.ubuntu.com/~ubuntu-archive/removals.txt. However, it
> > isn't there any more - is there a reason it isn't?
>
> The information appears to have moved to Launchpad, for example:
>
> https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/eciadsl - "Deleted in
> hardy-release (Reason: (From Debian) RoLastNMUer; unmaintained, low
> user count, ...) "

Yes, I found out from Colin Watson that it was removed on purpose and
that the information now lives in Launchpad. The removals are also
accessible via the Launchpad API. For example, if you have a
source_package_publishing_history you can access the dateremoved and
removal_comment among a host of other things.

--
Brian Murray @ubuntu.com