== Present ==
* RobbieWilliamson - chair
== Apologies ==
== Agenda ==
* Jaunty (Alpha 3 release 'tomorrow - Jan 15')
* [[https://wiki.canonical.com/UbuntuPlatform/Foundations/9.04|Feature Status]] (internal link)
* [[https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/jaunty/+bugs?field.milestone%3Alist=2211|Alpha 3 bugs]]
* [[http://qa.ubuntu.com/reports/ogasawara/jaunty-buglist.html| Jaunty Buglist]]
* [[https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/jaunty/+bugs|LP Targeted bugs]]
* 8.04.2 LTS Release '(Jan 22)'
* Summary of changes for the 8.04.2 LTS update
* [[https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/hardy/+bugs?field.milestone%3Alist=1425|Milestoned bugs]]
* [[http://people.ubuntu.com/~dholbach/sponsoring/|Sponsorship queue]]
* [[https://wiki.canonical.com/UbuntuPlatform/WritingObjectives|Objectives Guidance]] (internal link)
* [[http://www.ubuntu.com/products/whatisubuntu/serveredition/features/ec2|Amazon EC2 usage]]
* Good News
== Actions from this meeting ==
* Robbie to add information about "pet bugs" to internal /QA/BugFixing/TeamBugLists wiki. - 'Done'
* Colin to deliver 8.04.2 manifest by the end of the week.
== Activity reports ==
=== Colin Watson ===
* Updated tasksel for Steve Kowalik's mobile changes.
* Merged: dpkg, vim (fixing #296324).
* Analysis of linux/ubiquity/update-manager #314004; fixed ubiquity side.
* Added ext4 support to the installer:
* partman-ext3 extensions to support ext4, committed upstream.
* parted work to permit the above (sent upstream as http://parted.alioth.debian.org/cgi-bin/trac.cgi/ticket/188).
* Minor adjustments to iso-scan, os-prober, partconf, partman-auto,partman-partitioning, and rescue, all committed upstream.
* Backported upstream patch to klibc (#309762).
* Added mkfs.ext4 symlink to e2fsprogs-udeb (Debian #511207).
* Fixed apt-setup #314462 (-backports lines in sources.list don't honour "free software only" option).
* Fixed mobile seeds to stop crashing germinate.
* apt-setup bug fixes (#256098, #294365).
* Ported pcmciautils to udev 136.
* Fixed support for my 3G modem (though some problems to resolve before
it can be merged):
* Adjusted and ran Celso's script to import old package removal data into Launchpad (#159585).
* Fixed debootstrap --second-stage failure reported by Michael Casadevall.
* Started watching archive-reorganisation UDS videos (not finished yet).
* Didn't really get round to the sponsorship queue this week. :-( ichthux-meta #289741 was all I managed.
=== Evan Dandrea ===
* Followed up with Artwork team about slideshow work.
* Added encrypted home directory support to ubiquity.
* Fixed the remaining bug preventing the manual partitioner from working in ubiquity since the new partman landed.
* Tried my hand at upgrading ia32-libs after I ran into 273693 upon upgrading to Jaunty. Still trying to get this right, but appear to be on the cusp.
* Set up a Windows 7 beta environment for testing Wubi and in the future usb-creator and migration-assistant development.
* Tried merging and updating the seeds in slangasek's absence, but there were no changes to the seeds that needed an upload.
* Tried to work out the correct options for dpkg/apt to get gnome-app-install to look at a different root directory, so that we can embed g-a-i in usb-creator
for adding and removing packages from the squashfs. Sent an email to mvo, but poking around the code in parallel.
* Hacking together a python WrapLabel class based off the one from libview to hopefully work around a long standing GTK bug.
* Started looking into copying out the kernel and initramfs when running from a USB disk.
=== James Westby ===
* Distributed Development
* Trying to prioritise and plan work for this cycle, no spec yet, but that will be my task this week.
* Bug fixing, sponsoring, build fixing, bug triage etc., getting back in to the swing of things again.
* Figuring out how to find bugs that should go on the team bug list for Jaunty.
=== Lars Wirzenius ===
~+Done this week:+~
* Back from vacation. Processed e-mail backlog.
* Finished inventing my PDR objectives for this cycle.
* Finished https://wiki.ubuntu.com/FoundationsTeam/Specs/JauntyCruftRemover(I hope).
* Looked at bleachbit, found by Michael Vogt, which does somethings Cruft Remover should eventually do, too.
* Attempted to make a jaunty virtual machine for me to play in, without complete success: upgrading works, after removing openoffice.org-voikko, see #316754,
but X does not work. (Had some networking problems too, since the MAC changed, and udev's persistence management named the new one eth1.)
* I'm basing the jaunty VM on an intrepid VM, and creating it using virt-clone. Wrote http://liw.fi/rename-host/ to help me remember what to change when
renaming a host.
* Reported #316775 (virt-clone should update <graphics port='xxx'/>).
* Helped a new developer on IRC to debug a build problem with their new package.
~+Plans for the coming week:+~
* Prepare a new system-cleanear package for upload, with a new (final!) name: Computer Janitor, unless someone comes up with something better. Also, write the
three new plugins, and start the integration with update-manager sources.
* Ask system-cleaner to be installed by default in jaunty, so we can shake out any bugs as early as possible.
* Make piuparts work on Ubuntu out of the box again, at least when run on intrepid (and jaunty, if I can get a working jaunty VM).
=== Luke Yelavich ===
* Started preparing a new upstream release of espeak for upload after alpha 3 releases.
* Audio bug triaging.
* Checked Fedora's PortAudio v19 package for a patch to make it play nice with pulseaudio. Included this patch in our portaudio 19 package, and uploaded.
* Uploaded new revision of PulseAudio with many fixes from git, thanks to Daniel Chen for his help.
* Prepared pulseaudio 0.9.14 for upload right after alpha 3 releases.
* Attempted to update the dmraid kernel module, but found that it froze the virtual machine I used for testing when attempting to load it. Will leave the
dmraid kernel module as the forward ported version for now, as it seems to work ok.
* Thought that dmraid latest upstream was broken due to it not recognising metadata from the BIOS on a motherboard I have, but after updating the dmraid
package with new fixes from Debian,everything worked as it should.
* Updated dmraid package with new revisions from debian.
* Replied to Michael Casadevall's core-dev application.
* Installed jaunty, hoping to use it day to day for easier testing.
=== Matthias Klose ===
* toolchain updates
* update binutils to the 2.19 branch
* merge glibc with Debian
* gc[cj]-4. updates for jaunty and intrepid
* backport GCC fixes for wrong-code issues to the 4.3 branch.
* IcedTea build fixes
* OpenJDK updates for jaunty, prepare updates for intrepid and hardy
* acpica-unix, opie, ggz-server updates (ARM build failures), arm status.
* write MIR's for packages not building in main due to component mismatches
* release manager duties for alpha-3 on Friday.
* python packaging updates (for upload after alpha-3).
* not too much bug triage.
=== Michael Vogt ===
* make the upgrade experience for EOL releases better (for releases that moved from archive.u.c to old-releases.u.c) by auto transition from old-releases.u.c
to archive.u.c (or a mirror) if needed (this is auto detected)
* work on a the aufs branch
* help ahasenbeg with seting up the auto upgrade tester on his box
* Work on lilo removal on intrepid->jaunty upgrades in u-m (#314004)
* Upload new update-manager that includes the update-manager-text interface
* Debug upgrade issue to alpha-3 with liw (#316754)
* work on the auto upgrade tester for alpha-3
* kvm in jaunty (both -79 and -82 from the PPA) freeze under jaunty after some time. this makes testing difficult
* moved the test to my laptop that runs intrepid for now (not ideal)
* need to evaluate xen/ec2 port
* gdebi i18n fixes
* synaptic i18n updates/fixes
* apt i18n fixes (from sianis)
* unattended-upgrades i18n merges
* learned that rosetta does not keep pot files up2date automatically
* update-manager i18n review/update (POTFILES.in)
* jaunty-codec-install spec
* port the bbc totem plugin to the new codec install mechanism
* discuss performance issues with slomo/tim
* add checks for successfull package installation
* some cleanups
* fix the performance issues in the totem plugin and upload
* switch Details view from GtkLabel to a subclass of GtkTextView
* upload/sync gnome-codec-install into jaunty
* app-install-data review/update
* command-not-found-data review/update
* Merge python-apt fix for candidateInstalledSize/aptsources code
* update the mirror list (from LP)
* review/merge big patch from debian (jak) that adds a whole lot of documentation (yeah!)
* bug triage
* Merge software-properties fix from pochu
* Work on apturl, bug triage, patch review/applying, upload
* Popcon server maintainace
* fix/forward to upstream trivial bugfix in live-magic
* reproduce/forward libcompizconfig bug with the desktop integration and alt handling
* play a bit with xkit
* finish to put my specs into Review state
* review JauntyCruftRemover and sent feedback
* review/sponsor totem/totem-pl-parser update
* Review/sponsoring scim
* review/sponsor vte
* review/sponsor metacity (but dholbach was one minute quicker)
=== Scott James Remnant ===
* Updated watershed to install itself into the initramfs
* After uploading udev 136, I set about making sure all packages that ship udev rules install to /lib/udev/rules.d and include Breaks on udev to force an upgrade.
* Uploads to: alsa-toosl, alsa-utils, avarice, barry-util, bitpim, bluez, boinc, brltty, comedilib, cpad-kernel, edac-utils, etoken-pro-support, foo2zjs,
fuse-utils, garmin-forerunner-tools,gpsd, hal, hama-slide-mouse-control, hdapsd, hdparm, hplip,ifplugd, ifupdown, kino, kqemu-source, kvm, libchipcard-tools,
libdjconsole-data, libdlm3, libfprint0, libgphoto2-2, libgpib-bin, libibverbs1, libmtp8, libnjb5, libsane, libsane-extras, libticales2-1, libvpb0, libxenomai1,
linux-wlan-ng, lirc, lomoco, madfuload, mga-vid-common, midisupport-firmware, mouseemu, mt-st, multipath-tools, mythtv-backend, nut, nut-hal-drivers, openct,
rt73-common, selinux-basics, speechd-up, spectools, trousers, tucnak2, usbmount, util-linux, vzctl, x52pro, xen-utils-3.3, zaptel
* Rebuilt uswsusp to shed libvolumeid0 dependency
* Fixed issues with lvm2, mdadm and dmsetup
* Packaged udev-extras
* Fixed udev package to remove additional conffiles left over from previous versions
* Updated saned to drop the scanner group completely.
* Trying to get RPM to build
=== Steve Langasek ===
* Release management
* 8.04.2 preparations
* SRU processing for 8.04.2
* fix up oversized alternate CDs by dropping more langpacks
* phone call w/ QA to discuss remaining SRUs
* Jaunty alpha-3 preparations
* chase down OOo bloat
* rebuild reverse-deps for libgnome-desktop-2-11 transition (NBS cleanup)
* start rebuild of libmagick10 reverse-deps, saving 2.1MB on the CDs
* follow through on pam-config-framework (LP: #275169)
* merge the latest pam from Debian (fixes LP: #256238)
* sponsor apport/pm-utils changes that let apport report on suspend/resume failures
* Monday archive duties
ubuntu-devel mailing list
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-devel