Old 12-17-2008, 11:36 AM
Mark Shuttleworth

Default Help improve the desktop experience! Send screenshots of your 1024x768 desktop

Hi folks

As part of our work on desktop experience and design, I'm collecting
screenshots of desktops in action. Please send me yours! Feel free to
send two or three, with browsers open or email clients or chat windows,
anything. I'm interested in seeing the diversity of wallpapers, themes,
panel configurations, window layouts in general use.

By and large I think I can promise to keep these confidential but I
would rather not have any sensitive info just in case. We will use
these for mockups to test different ideas, and if one of those mockups
got published I would not want to cause a problem for anyone!

I specifically am looking for screenshots that are all the same size so
we can test ideas against multiple desktops simultaneously. I think
1024x768 is probably the most widely used size of screen on laptops. I
don't mind screenshots of desktops in other sizes (they may be quite
useful) but having 10 or 20 shots in one size would be more useful
right now.

Thanks very much!

Mark