Old 12-15-2008, 07:28 PM
Martin Olsson

Default Rebuilding a package with debug symbols and no optimization in a _parallel_ fashion?

Hi,

Normally when I want to rebuild a package with no-optimizations and full debug symbols I do:

mkdir some_pkg ; cd some_pkg ; apt-get source SOME_PACKAGE ; cd SOME_PACKAGE_DIR
DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS="noopt nostrip" fakeroot debian/rules binary
sudo dpkg -i ../*.deb

This is very useful for debugging etc, but I've noticed one problem. Usually these builds
run on a single core. So my question is, is there a flag I can pass along with this command
to enable several jobs for make? Ideally, I would like to parallelize all parts of the package
generation but if I get only the compilation that alone would be very useful.

Regards,
Martin