Old 11-14-2008, 04:07 PM
Robbie Williamson

Default Foundations Team Weekly Summary, 2008-11-14

== Apologies ==

* LukeYelavich - on vacation
* JamesWestby - at November Nexus

== Activity reports ==

=== Colin Watson ===

* Merged: clock-setup, kbd, console-setup, lilo-installer,
busybox(including fix for #293586, though that will need to be
backported to intrepid), anna, finish-install, netcfg, silo-installer,
yaboot-installer, grub-installer, palo-installer, parted, base-files,
partman-newworld, partman-crypto, partman-ext3, partman-jfs,
partman-xfs, partman-reiserfs, iso-scan (phew)

* Some debian-installer bug review, including cleaning up very old
daily-installer-* directories from the archive (#40186).

* Followed up to upstart/util-linux #273189 with a more detailed
description of work to be done (noticed during finish-install merge).

* Investigated casper #70566 at some length by way of sponsorship
processing; I have a cleaned-up version of the proposed patch in my
casper working tree now, but this is likely to need more complex fixes
in usplash in order to display non-ASCII characters properly,including
perhaps switching to unifont.

=== Evan Dandrea ===

* Prepared for and presented a usb-creator UbuntuOpenWeek talk
(https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs/openweekintrepid/UsbCreator).
* Added a warning about what operating systems will be removed when
selecting the "use entire disk" option in ubiquity. Still needs to be
added to the advanced page.
* Wrote up instructions on using the Ubuntu USB disks. Still in
progress as I need to verify that they do not work on Intel Macs
(firmware issue) other than my aging 2006 iMac. If anyone has an Intel
Mac, I would greatly appreciate your assistance in this.
* Modified ubiquity to notify the user of what operating systems will
be deleted if they choose to use the entire disk. I still need to
provide proper i18n support for this.
* Dropped the timezone setting code from casper as it's unnecessary and
resets the time on every reboot in persistent mode. Looking into why
update-initramfs is disabled on the Live CD, especially in persistent
mode, with the hope of fixing LP: #292159.
* Made numerous fixes to usb-creator in preparation for an SRU for
Intrepid and a backport for Hardy. Merged with Mario's branch and added
i18n support.

=== Lars Wirzenius ===

* Fixes for system-cleaner's many bugs in intrepid, to prepare an SRU.
(The upload has now been done, kindly sponsored by Michael Vogt.)

=== Matthias Klose ===

* Nov 04 - Nov 07: OOo ESC meeting / OOoCon, planning report
* Nov 11: email catch up, catchup on bug reports, openjdk 6b13 build,
gcc-snapshot update

=== Steve Langasek ===

Release management:
* working on getting the archive ready for jaunty
* post-release email roundup
* change around the mythbuntu image builds from alternates to liveCDs,
per Mario
* SRU reviews

Packages:
* cleanup of PAM bugs

Archive Administration:
* partner archive cleanup

Misc:
* Monday archive duties

--
Robbie Williamson robbiew@ubuntu.com
Ubuntu Foundations Team +1 512 627 6171

"You can't be lucky all the time, but you can be smart everyday"
-Mos Def

"Arrogance is thinking you are better than everyone else, while
Confidence is knowing no one else is better than you." -Me