== Apologies ==
* LukeYelavich - on vacation
* JamesWestby - at November Nexus
== Activity reports ==
=== Colin Watson ===
* Merged: clock-setup, kbd, console-setup, lilo-installer,
busybox(including fix for #293586, though that will need to be
backported to intrepid), anna, finish-install, netcfg, silo-installer,
yaboot-installer, grub-installer, palo-installer, parted, base-files,
partman-newworld, partman-crypto, partman-ext3, partman-jfs,
partman-xfs, partman-reiserfs, iso-scan (phew)
* Some debian-installer bug review, including cleaning up very old
daily-installer-* directories from the archive (#40186).
* Followed up to upstart/util-linux #273189 with a more detailed
description of work to be done (noticed during finish-install merge).
* Investigated casper #70566 at some length by way of sponsorship
processing; I have a cleaned-up version of the proposed patch in my
casper working tree now, but this is likely to need more complex fixes
in usplash in order to display non-ASCII characters properly,including
perhaps switching to unifont.
=== Evan Dandrea ===
* Prepared for and presented a usb-creator UbuntuOpenWeek talk
* Added a warning about what operating systems will be removed when
selecting the "use entire disk" option in ubiquity. Still needs to be
added to the advanced page.
* Wrote up instructions on using the Ubuntu USB disks. Still in
progress as I need to verify that they do not work on Intel Macs
(firmware issue) other than my aging 2006 iMac. If anyone has an Intel
Mac, I would greatly appreciate your assistance in this.
* Modified ubiquity to notify the user of what operating systems will
be deleted if they choose to use the entire disk. I still need to
provide proper i18n support for this.
* Dropped the timezone setting code from casper as it's unnecessary and
resets the time on every reboot in persistent mode. Looking into why
update-initramfs is disabled on the Live CD, especially in persistent
mode, with the hope of fixing LP: #292159.
* Made numerous fixes to usb-creator in preparation for an SRU for
Intrepid and a backport for Hardy. Merged with Mario's branch and added
=== Lars Wirzenius ===
* Fixes for system-cleaner's many bugs in intrepid, to prepare an SRU.
(The upload has now been done, kindly sponsored by Michael Vogt.)
=== Matthias Klose ===
* Nov 04 - Nov 07: OOo ESC meeting / OOoCon, planning report
* Nov 11: email catch up, catchup on bug reports, openjdk 6b13 build,
=== Steve Langasek ===
* working on getting the archive ready for jaunty
* post-release email roundup
* change around the mythbuntu image builds from alternates to liveCDs,
* SRU reviews
* cleanup of PAM bugs
* partner archive cleanup
* Monday archive duties
Robbie Williamson firstname.lastname@example.org
Ubuntu Foundations Team +1 512 627 6171
"You can't be lucky all the time, but you can be smart everyday"
"Arrogance is thinking you are better than everyone else, while
Confidence is knowing no one else is better than you." -Me
ubuntu-devel mailing list
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-devel