Old 11-12-2008, 11:25 PM
"(``-_-´´) -- Fernando"

Default init.d restart (was Server Team 20081111 meeting minutes)

Olá Mathias e a todos.

On Wednesday 12 November 2008 00:56:39 Mathias Gug wrote:
> mathiaz reminded that the archive is opened and merging is the main focus of
> the developers for now. kirkland added that checking if init scripts have a
> status action is welcome. If not adding one would be appreciated - steps to do
> so are outline on the InitScriptsStatusActions wiki page[4]. A lot of packages
> have already been updated during the intrepid release cycle. More work is
> needed though.

Not that this is directly related to the server team, but the other day, we were discussing on IRC about the difference of start,stop and restart.
Me and others had no idea restart ain't always the same of stop and the restart.

Since we already improving the Status, can also the Restart at least echo a message warning the user that such XPTO script doesn't actually restart?

--
BUGabundo )
(``-_-´´) http://LinuxNoDEI.BUGabundo.net