Old 11-13-2008, 07:21 AM
"Sanjeev Bhise"

Default Help Needed on Language pack Testing.

Hi Martin,

*

My name is Sanjeev, & I work with ADOBE as a Test Engineer, I got your reference from one on the web thread in which you have discussed about the various topics on Language pack Testing.

*

If you can share few details with me, that will be of great help, what I am after is,

*

1.*** What methodology that you can recommend me if I am testing language pack for 13 different languages from Single Installer?

*

2.*** Any specific tools that can help me to test registry of all the languages?

*

3.*** Any specific matrix that you people follow for LP testing?

*

Can you please advice on above details?

*

Thanks in advance.

*

Regards,

Sanjeev

Old 01-19-2009, 12:54 PM
Martin Pitt

Hello Sanjeev,

Sanjeev Bhise [2008-11-13 16:21 +0800]:
> My name is Sanjeev, & I work with ADOBE as a Test Engineer, I got your
> reference from one on the web thread in which you have discussed about the
> various topics on *Language pack Testing.*

You wrote to a large Ubuntu mailing list, not me personally. Please
excuse the late response.

> 1. What methodology that you can recommend me if I am testing language
> pack for 13 different languages from Single Installer?

We do not have any formal testing methods/recipes. The main point I'd
like to see tested with langpack updates on stable releases is that
people who have that language installed use the new version for a
couple of days and watch out for regressions. E. g. firefox not being
translated any more, or half of the menu items in some program now
being in English, or some strings got broken/a worse translation.

> 2. Any specific tools that can help me to test registry of all the
> languages?

What do you call "registry"? You can install/remove language support
with System -> Administration -> Language support.

> 3. Any specific matrix that you people follow for LP testing?

Not really, unfortunately we get very little feedback about proposed
langpack updates.

Thanks,

Martin

--