-   -   Promoting a package in a pocket to main (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-development/189865-promoting-package-pocket-main.html)

"Michael Casadevall" 11-08-2008 07:04 AM

Promoting a package in a pocket to main

Relevant bug: https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xfprint4/+bug/211335

Essentially xfprint4 should depend on a2ps, but that is impossible
since xfprint4 is in main (in gutsy, and dapper), and a2ps is in
universe. Talking with the LP admins, promotion within a pocket is
possible, but I'd believe this requires discussion before any actions
are taken.
Michael.

Scott Kitterman 11-14-2008 01:18 AM

Promoting a package in a pocket to main

On Sat, 8 Nov 2008 03:04:39 -0500 "Michael Casadevall"
<sonicmctails@gmail.com> wrote:
>Relevant bug:
https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xfprint4/+bug/211335

>Essentially xfprint4 should depend on a2ps, but that is impossible
>since xfprint4 is in main (in gutsy, and dapper), and a2ps is in
>universe. Talking with the LP admins, promotion within a pocket is
>possible, but I'd believe this requires discussion before any actions
>are taken.

No one objected. I'd say go for it. Let me know if it works out. I've got a problem I need
to get something promoted to solve too.

Scott K