-   -   merges galore (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-development/188189-merges-galore.html)

Stefan Potyra 11-05-2008 01:25 PM

merges galore

Hi,

after seeing a number of changes for jaunty already (woohoo!), a few hints:
* please build your changes files with the -v option, so that changes done in
Debian, but not in Ubuntu will be part of the changes file
* please check if each bit of the delta is still necessary, and drop it if not
* if a specific delta applies to both Ubuntu and Debian, please forward the
changes and mention the bug number in the changelog
* if a specific delta applies only to Ubuntu, please also mention this in the
changelog

Cheers,
Stefan.

Scott James Remnant 11-05-2008 03:31 PM

merges galore

On Wed, 2008-11-05 at 15:25 +0100, Stefan Potyra wrote:

> * please build your changes files with the -v option, so that changes done in
> Debian, but not in Ubuntu will be part of the changes file

The merge-buildpackage script automatically created by grab-merge will
do this for you.

Scott
--
Scott James Remnant
scott@canonical.com

Martin Pitt 11-05-2008 05:29 PM

merges galore

Stefan Potyra [2008-11-05 15:25 +0100]:
> after seeing a number of changes for jaunty already (woohoo!), a few hints:
> * please build your changes files with the -v option, so that changes done in
> Debian, but not in Ubuntu will be part of the changes file
> * please check if each bit of the delta is still necessary, and drop it if not
> * if a specific delta applies to both Ubuntu and Debian, please forward the
> changes and mention the bug number in the changelog
> * if a specific delta applies only to Ubuntu, please also mention this in the
> changelog

A strong +1 on those. When doing merges, I see so many little (and
also big) changes which should have gone to Debian ages ago, and are
causing lots of work for porting, re-testing, and submitting them now.
Syncs are good! :-)

Martin

--
Martin Pitt | http://www.piware.de