Old 10-22-2008, 11:56 AM
Mathias Gug

Default Server Team 20081021 meeting minutes

Hi,

Here are the minutes of the meeting. They can also be found online with
the irc logs here: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs/Server/20081021.

==== python-vm-builder ====

mathiaz reported he had performed a lot of testing of python-vm-builder. Most
of the bugs found have been fixed by nijaba. soren said he was catching up
with the commits to the trunk branch and planned to upload a new version
before release.

==== iscsi support for interpid ====

kirkland looked into fixing existing bugs but it was decided that it was too
late in the cycle to try fixing them. Work on iscsi has been deferred to the
next cycle.

==== Iso testing ====

mathiaz reported that testing for the RC images had started. The ISO testing
tracker[1] is used to coordinate testing results. There are now 14 test cases
listed for the 2 -server isos. Help is welcome.

mathiaz reported that his raid install test cases were failing. He asked for
help in doing manual raid installation testing. sommer and kirkland offered to
look into the issue.

[1]: http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/

==== ubuntu-server-devel channel ====

nijaba brought up the subject of creating a new ubuntu-server-devel channel.
The identified problem was that ignoring user support requests while
developers were discussing other issues in the channel seemed rude to the end
users. After some discussion it turned out that creating an ubuntu-server-
devel channel would not solve the problem.

==== UDS topics ====

mathiaz announced that ideas for the next UDS should be added to the
IdeaPool[2] wiki page of the Server Team so that they could be taken into
account when the list of topics for the next UDS would be prepared.

[2]: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ServerTeam/IdeaPool

==== Replacing Frozen Bubble in Jaunty ====

During the Open Discussion zul stated that he was planning on packaging blub
blub as a replacement for the popular Frozen Bubble program. That lead to
strong opposition from other meeting attendees: kirkland stated that 'it
better be *damn* good, if it's to replace FB' while nijaba raised some
concerns about the blub license not being GPL friendly. The atmosphere was on
the brink of war as kirkland was drawing his slingshot back while nijaba was
to this hot topic. The situation went back under control when zul reconsidered
his position.

==== Agree on next meeting date and time ====

Next meeting will be on Tuesday, October 29th at 15:00 UTC in #ubuntu-meeting.

--
Mathias Gug
Ubuntu Developer http://www.ubuntu.com

Old 10-23-2008, 02:33 PM
"Luke L"

On Wed, Oct 22, 2008 at 6:56 AM, Mathias Gug <mathiaz@ubuntu.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Here are the minutes of the meeting. They can also be found online with
> the irc logs here: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs/Server/20081021.
>

> ==== python-vm-builder ====
>
> mathiaz reported he had performed a lot of testing of python-vm-builder. Most
> of the bugs found have been fixed by nijaba. soren said he was catching up
> with the commits to the trunk branch and planned to upload a new version
> before release.
>
> ==== iscsi support for interpid ====
>
> kirkland looked into fixing existing bugs but it was decided that it was too
> late in the cycle to try fixing them. Work on iscsi has been deferred to the
> next cycle.
>
> ==== Iso testing ====
>
> mathiaz reported that testing for the RC images had started. The ISO testing
> tracker[1] is used to coordinate testing results. There are now 14 test cases
> listed for the 2 -server isos. Help is welcome.
>
> mathiaz reported that his raid install test cases were failing. He asked for
> help in doing manual raid installation testing. sommer and kirkland offered to
> look into the issue.
>
> [1]: http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/
>
> ==== ubuntu-server-devel channel ====
>
> nijaba brought up the subject of creating a new ubuntu-server-devel channel.
> The identified problem was that ignoring user support requests while
> developers were discussing other issues in the channel seemed rude to the end
> users. After some discussion it turned out that creating an ubuntu-server-
> devel channel would not solve the problem.
>
> ==== UDS topics ====
>
> mathiaz announced that ideas for the next UDS should be added to the
> IdeaPool[2] wiki page of the Server Team so that they could be taken into
> account when the list of topics for the next UDS would be prepared.
>
> [2]: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ServerTeam/IdeaPool
>
> ==== Replacing Frozen Bubble in Jaunty ====
>
> During the Open Discussion zul stated that he was planning on packaging blub
> blub as a replacement for the popular Frozen Bubble program. That lead to
> strong opposition from other meeting attendees: kirkland stated that 'it
> better be *damn* good, if it's to replace FB' while nijaba raised some
> concerns about the blub license not being GPL friendly. The atmosphere was on
> the brink of war as kirkland was drawing his slingshot back while nijaba was
> to this hot topic. The situation went back under control when zul reconsidered
> his position.
>
> ==== Agree on next meeting date and time ====
>
> Next meeting will be on Tuesday, October 29th at 15:00 UTC in #ubuntu-meeting.
>

> --
> Mathias Gug
> Ubuntu Developer http://www.ubuntu.com

Tuesday is the 28th of October (My birthday is the 30th!). I'm excited
for the new release, especially the vm-builder updates. Good work,
gentlemen.

--
Luke L.

Old 10-23-2008, 02:33 PM