Old 10-17-2008, 09:43 AM
Henrik Nilsen Omma

Default 8.10 RC ISO testing

Hi everyone,

Intrepid is in final freeze and we expect testable images to appear
Monday or so. As usual we'll be asking everyone on the development and
QA teams to participate in the image testing to ensure we have good test
coverage.

The procedures for testing ISO images and reporting results are
explained on [1] and the test schedule is on [2]. In short, we start
with smoke testing the daily ISO images to flush out bugs in the
installer, CD builds and fresh install instances. We then perform
comprehensive ISO image testing covering all ISOs, install methods and
test cases.

As we approach release we may need to redo the images several times and
are therefore dependant on short turn-around times on testing. The smoke
testing is already under way in the QA team while for ISO validation
testing we will require everyone's help.

Test results will be tracked on [3]. Please register if you do not
already have an account (same login as brainstorm). The tracker also has
direct links to the candidate images (and appropriate rsync commands) as
well as links to the test cases for each ISO. Please download images
ahead of time so you can refresh them quickly with rsync. You may want
to use the handy download script [4].

If you have any questions about testing or result reporting stop by
#ubuntu-testing. Happy image testing!

Henrik

[1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Testing/ISO/Procedures
[2] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Testing/ISO/Schedule