Old 12-04-2007, 10:51 PM
Sidarth Dasari

Default Clarification over Alpha 1 and dual monitors

> As for the original question: you can create an xorg.conf & X will use
> it. You could also try the System->Administration->Screens & Graphics
> program, which should set it up for you. File bugs if it doesn't work
> .

Well I got it to detect both monitors for a little bit. At first all it
would show was my secondary monitor which was not activated. After I set
the correct resolution and restarted the x server, It showed a second
monitor which I presumed to be my laptop's monitor. After I set that
resolution, I tried to reset the x server again and got the following error:

/etc/gdm/failsavexserver: line47
[: too many arguments warning: could not retrieve EDID because set-edid
is not installed (1): error: this program does not know how to configure
the "10 shared/default-x-server doesnt exist. X server warning:Could not
generate /etc/X11/xorg.conf.failsafe for vesa driver.