Old 12-07-2007, 04:01 PM
Thilo Six

Default RFC: Thunderbird, mail.prompt_purge_threshhold=true

Alexander Sack wrote the following on 07.12.2007 10:54
> On Wed, Dec 05, 2007 at 08:22:40PM +0100, Thilo Six wrote:
>> started TB - retrived mails, clicked on all folders (no dialog appeared),
>> closed TB
>>
>> $ dum
>> 4 ./extensions
>> 12 ./US
>> 15576 ./Mail
>> 18768 .
>>
>> $ grep purge prefs.js
>> user_pref("mail.prompt_purge_threshhold", true);
>>

> This looks like the default setting is right now, or am I wrong?
>
> - Alexander

Hi Alexander

No the above is the setting _after_ i switched it.
If you scroll up in that "testlog" you see i activated it befor and couldnīt
see a difference in TBīs behavior.
Therefore i checked with grep if mail.prompt_purge_threshhold had been set.

(Apart from that: AFAIK defaut settings never show up in prefs.js - they only
apear there when they had been altered)

Actually this whole "TB doesnīt free space again thing" is a discussion even
within Mozilla at least back from 2005 (see the launchapd bug and the links
in there) and still there is no progress on that.

Maybe it would be a good idea to ask mozilla err mail coīs devs directly
(irc) about there opinion in this regard.

--
Thilo

key: 0x4A411E09