Old 12-02-2007, 09:08 PM
Sidarth Dasari

Default Clarification over Alpha 1 and dual monitors

Does Alpha 1 have support for Dual monitors?
I noticed there was no xorg.conf so I was wondering how to configure it.

Old 12-03-2007, 07:55 AM
"Onkar Shinde"

On Dec 3, 2007 3:38 AM, Sidarth Dasari <sidster802@gmail.com> wrote:
> Does Alpha 1 have support for Dual monitors?
> I noticed there was no xorg.conf so I was wondering how to configure it.

Isn't Xorg 7.3 supposed to support hot plugging of monitors?

Onkar

Old 12-03-2007, 11:14 PM
"Christopher Halse Rogers"

On 12/3/07, Onkar Shinde <onkarshinde@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Dec 3, 2007 3:38 AM, Sidarth Dasari <sidster802@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Does Alpha 1 have support for Dual monitors?
> > I noticed there was no xorg.conf so I was wondering how to configure it.
>
> Isn't Xorg 7.3 supposed to support hot plugging of monitors?

Indeed it does. Running "xrandr --auto" would be a good start, as
long as you're using one of {ati, intel}. The nouveau driver for
nVidia cards may work, too, but you obviously aren't using that.

As for the original question: you can create an xorg.conf & X will use
it. You could also try the System->Administration->Screens & Graphics
program, which should set it up for you. File bugs if it doesn't work
.

Old 12-04-2007, 12:08 PM
Sidarth Dasari

Christopher Halse Rogers wrote:
> As for the original question: you can create an xorg.conf & X will use
> it. You could also try the System->Administration->Screens & Graphics
> program, which should set it up for you. File bugs if it doesn't work
> .

Well, I dont think its detecting my setup properly. I went into screens
and graphics and it is only showing one monitor as unknown and a
resolution of 640X480. (Btw the monitor that is working is my widescreen
laptop monitor and it is set to 1280X800 according to xrandr). When I go
in to change the monitor type and press Detect, it does find the correct
model of my second monitor, however it will not activate it. In Gutsy,
both my monitors show up on this page.