-   -   Drop gconf from the default installation (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-desktop/710525-drop-gconf-default-installation.html)

Sebastien Bacher 10-08-2012 02:58 PM

Drop gconf from the default installation

Hey again,

It seems we could finally get ride of libgconf2-4 users next cycle,
looking on current quantal we still some users, including:

- gksu (can be replaced by pkexec)
- gnome-media (through libgnome-media-profile, we probably need to port
that one)
- lightdm-remote-session-uccsconfigure (need to look at it but I guess
it shouldn't be hard)

- update-notifier
- ubuntu-release-upgrader-gtk
- unity (for config migration purpose I guess)

That's a reasonable list to work through

Sebastien Bacher

Ted Gould 10-08-2012 03:19 PM

On Mon, 2012-10-08 at 16:58 +0200, Sebastien Bacher wrote:
> - lightdm-remote-session-uccsconfigure (need to look at it but I guess
> it shouldn't be hard)

I'll fix that one. It used GConf when Unity used it, but has been
migrated to GSettings now with Unity, just need to update the packaging.

--Ted

Ma Xiaojun 10-08-2012 03:31 PM

Drop gconf from the default installation

What about this package?
http://packages.ubuntu.com/quantal/ibus

Jeremy Bicha 10-08-2012 04:03 PM

On 8 October 2012 11:31, Ma Xiaojun <damage3025@gmail.com> wrote:
> What about this package?
> http://packages.ubuntu.com/quantal/ibus

ibus 1.4.99 uses gsettings and we basically need ibus 1.4.99 to finish
shipping GNOME 3.6. I would like to land it when R opens as it will
need quite a bit of testing to figure out what the regressions are and
fix them.

The input method and keyboard system status "indicator" menus need to
be rewritten this cycle to work though.

Jeremy

Didier Roche 10-09-2012 06:11 AM

Drop gconf from the default installation